$250 GSA Mini-Grants
About three years ago, OSSCC and PFLAG Portland began discussions about how to support GSAs around Oregon and the GSA Mini Grant Program was born. To date, we have awarded eleven projects – five in Portland (funded by PFLAG) and six in the rural areas of our State (funded by OSSCC).
This program funds small projects sponsored by Gay/Straight Alliances or other nonprofit, youth oriented organizations. Click here to see some of our past grantee and their projects.
- The project must be planned, directed and implemented by youth.
- GSA’s must have a school or organization sponsor to receive funds. Sponsors may include a school’s student fund or Parent/Teacher Organizations with non-profit status.
- The organization must operate in Oregon.
- Projects must be completed during the school year for which funds are sought. Funds awarded for the 2014/2015 grant cycle must be used during the 2014/2015 school year.
- Upon completion the project will submit a Grant Evaluation form.
PFLAG Portland and OSSCC seek to fund small projects. Mini-grants will be limited to $250.00 per organization per year.
A selection committee composed of OSSCC and PFLAG will review mini-grant applications each month at the PFLAG Portland Board of Directors meeting on the 4th Tuesday of each month. Organizations will be notified of the approval or denial of an application within 5 business days of the Board of Directors meeting.
Download, complete, and mail this application form and mail it to the address specified therein.
For Questions or More Information:
Call or e-mail PFLAG or OSSCC
PFLAG firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-232-7676
OSSCC email@example.com or 503-984-4865